Last Updated: October 12, 2020
At Sign Spec Inc. (“Sign Spec”, “us“, “we“), your privacy is important to us.
We recognize privacy is important to our customers. This policy describes how and why we collect personal information from customers and visitors to our website at www.signspec.ca (including any domain names controlled by Sign Spec that link to that website), and how that data will be used and shared with third parties. We urge you to read this Policy carefully in order to gain a clear understanding of how we may collect, use or disclose your personal information in the course of providing you with our products or services, and your use of our website.
1. Personal Information
“Personal Information” means any information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information. “Personal Information” may or may not include business contact information, depending on the jurisdiction.
These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
2. Non-Personal Information
Like most website operators, we also collect non-personal information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personal information is to better understand how Sign Spec’s visitors use our website. This Policy does not cover non-personal information from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined. Sign Spec reserves the right to use non-person information in any way it determines appropriate.
For more general information on cookies, please read the “What Are Cookies” article on Cookie Consent website.
3. Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following Personal Information when you contact us, register with us, purchase our products, use our services or otherwise provide us with information about you through our website:
- full name;
- contact information, such as your email address, mailing address and telephone number;
- date of birth;
- IP address;
- work information, including job title;
- membership ID for Ontario Sign Association, Sign Association of Canada and other applicable Canadian sign associations;
- preferred name/username for our services or third party services that you have linked to our services;
- information provided to us by third party advertising and analytics companies (see “Cookies and Tracking Technologies” below);
- information about you that may be provided to us by third parties where they have your consent to do so or where otherwise permitted by law;
- password(s) you are asked to create in order to use our services;
- payment and banking information, including your credit card number, billing address and transaction; and
- any other Personal Information that you choose to provide to us during your use of the website, in your communications with us or otherwise.
We also maintain a Facebook page, Instagram profile and Twitter and WhatsApp accounts to interact with the public. If you interact with our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp profiles (e.g. “liking” our Facebook page, commenting on Instagram photos, etc.) the Personal Information on the social media platform declared by you as public or publicly available, such as your social media name, User ID, age, gender, profile picture, friends list, and other data can be transmitted to us by the social media company. Please note that we have no influence on the information processed by these companies. For the purpose and scope of data collection, and further processing and use of the data by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp can be found on their respective privacy policies.
3. Collection of Personal Information
Sign Spec only collects Personal Information for purposes that would be considered reasonable in the circumstances and only such information as is required for the purposes of providing our products, services or website. We use only fair and lawful methods to collect Personal Information.
(ii) Withdrawing your consent
In most cases and subject to legal and contractual restrictions, you are free to refuse or withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable, advance notice to us. Your withdrawal of consent will not operate retroactively. It should be noted that in certain circumstances, our products or services can only be offered if you provide us with your Personal Information. Consequently, if you choose not provide us with the required Personal Information, we may not be able to offer you these products or services.
4. Cookies and tracking technologies
5. Use of Personal Information
Sign Spec uses the data collected from users and website visitors, including Personal Information, in order to:
- provide you with our products, services, and the use of our website and your account;
- complete transactions to license sign designs and drawings and process payment for such transactions;
- provide you with technical support and handle inquiries you may have;
- improve and ensure the quality, functionality and security of the website, enhance your experience, create new services, change/cancel existing content and services;
- communicate with you about our products and services, including updates or newsletters;
- carry out marketing activities, including surveys, market research, promotions and contests;
- generate anonymized or aggregated data which we may use and disclose for our business purposes in our sole discretion; and
- share information with municipalities, sign association and municipal enforcement authorities (e.g. city inspectors) upon request by such authorities
- comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies as required.
Our use of Personal Information is limited to the purposes described in this Policy. We do not otherwise sell, trade, barter, exchange or disclose for consideration any Personal Information we have obtained. We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party, or should a third party acquire all or part of our organization or its assets, or should any such transactions be proposed.
6. Sharing of Personal Information
Sign Spec may transfer or disclose the data collected from customers and website visitors, including Personal Information, to the following parties:
- individuals or organizations who are our advisers or consultants;
- the following advertising, marketing and analytics service providers: Google Analytics, and Facebook Pixel.
other service providers, including individuals or organizations who are, or may be, involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading of our computer systems.
7. Retention of Personal Information
We keep your Personal Information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time we retain information varies, depending on the purpose for which it was collected and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us but it will be only for so long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date. As such, we may keep your account information after the termination of your account.
When your Personal Information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, we will destroy, delete, erase or convert it into an anonymous form. If we learn that we have unintentionally stored Personal Information (e.g., if we become aware that a URL that we store contains Personal Information), we will use commercially reasonable efforts to anonymize or purge this information.
8. Storage of Personal Information
Sign Spec may transfer Personal Information to a service provider which is located outside of Canada where privacy laws may offer different levels of protection from those in Canada. When transferred or stored outside of Canada, or transferred to a service provider outside of Canada, your Personal Information may be subject to access by and disclosure to law enforcement agencies under the applicable foreign legislation. Upon request, We will provide you with information on the jurisdictions in which our service providers store your Personal Information.
9. Protection of Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but you acknowledge that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means, including physical and electronic safeguards, to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. Correction of inaccuracies in Personal Information
Sign Spec endeavours to ensure that any Personal Information provided and in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. If we become aware that Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will revise the Personal Information and, if necessary, use best efforts to inform third party service providers or contractors which were provided with inaccurate information so that those third parties may also correct their records.
Sign Spec permits the reasonable right of access and review of Personal Information held by us about an individual and will endeavour to provide the information in question within a reasonable time, generally no later than 30 days following the request. To guard against fraudulent requests for access, we may require sufficient information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is authorized to do so before granting access or making corrections. Your access to and review of Personal Information may be limited or restricted to protect Our confidential business information, solicitor-client privileged information, or the Personal Information of other individuals, as permitted or required by applicable laws.
Sign Spec will not charge you for verifying or correcting your information, however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, there may be a minimal charge imposed if you need a copy of records.
11. Your choices with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information
Depending on the products, services or your use of our website, your choices may include the following:
- Cookies Settings and Preferences. You may disable cookies and other tracking technologies through the settings in your browser. While doing so may negatively affect your experience with the use of our website, it will not prevent us from transacting with you.
- Marketing e-mails. You may sign up for our mailing lists in order to receive promotional and other materials that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails from us, you may choose to unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opt-Outs. You may contact us to opt out of the use or sharing of your Personal Information, including for marketing or advertising purposes, and/or the provision of your Personal Information to our business partners for such purposes.
12. Links to other websites Information
13. Resolving your Privacy Concerns